Bratislava, Slovakia—“When Will the War in Ukraine End?” was the topic of a lecture given by famous journalist and international security expert Dr. Igor Cibula at a UPF event commemorating UN International Day of Peace.
Dr. Cibula’s first presentation about Ukraine, given in March, was met with huge interest. Therefore, we decided to ask him once more to share his knowledge with us.
Nearly 40 participants filled the hall of the Bratislava Peace Embassy on September 19, 2022, though the bad weather may have discouraged more from coming.
As expected, Dr. Cibula captivated the audience again. His extensive knowledge and sharp analysis provided an overview of the current situation and explained the consequences for the future of Europe and the world.
His talk centered on such questions as:
- What is the balance of power in the conflict in Ukraine?
- What are the consequences of this war on the geopolitical order?
- What is the attitude of the Russian people toward the regime of Vladimir Putin?
- What is the position of China and Turkey toward Moscow?
- What can the United States, the European Union and the United Kingdom do, as allies of Ukraine?
Participants asked Dr. Cibula many questions afterward; it was not easy to end the exciting discussion after two hours.
As a small token of gratitude, we gave Dr. Cibula a bottle of Heart Wine, whose recipe originated with the 12th century German saint Hildegard of Bingen.
At the end of the meeting the guests enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. The buffet also included special cakes made by our friends from the Hare Krishna community.