The International Association of Parliamentarians for Peace (IAPP): Mission statement, principles and objectives
Intervention of Mr Jack Corley, Chair, UPF Eurasia, at the launching of the International Initiative of Parliamentarians for Peace in Albania.
Recognizing that it is time for humanity to embrace universally shared values, to pursue a path of mutual cooperation leading to mutual prosperity, and acknowledging that parliamentarians, as representatives of the people, have a very significant role to play in contributing to peace and human development…
the IAPP provides a forum for parliamentarians from all nations and political parties, in a spirit of dialogue and cooperation, to search for solutions to local, national, regional, and global problems.
The IAPP upholds the following principles and objectives:
- To promote practices of good governance, including transparency, accountability, collegiality, and public service
- To protect, preserve and uphold the dignity and value of each human being, recognizing that all human beings are members of one global family, or one family under God;
- To live for the sake of others, and for the sake of future generations
- To work for the common good of all people, going beyond barriers of nationality, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, religion, and political ideology
- To seek solutions to the critical challenges of our time, including territorial disputes, religious and racial conflict, environmental degradation, climate change, violent extremism, poverty, hunger, nuclear proliferation and corruption
- To encourage respectful and cooperative interreligious relations as essential to building a peaceful world
- To strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of stable societies
- To improve education systems and methods for our youth