- Help children grow to their full potential
- Growing up doesn’t automatically result in maturing -> A warm and safe relationship with a caring adult is needed -> attachment is the pre- eminent need.
- 6 phased of attachment: Senses with mother; Sameness; Belonging & loyalty; Significance to be dear to someone and close connection; Love. Being known.
- No need for more expert programs to get more interest of students or anything, but need more attachment.
- Behavioral based resources to encourage better attachment
Margriet Heijdemann - The emotional needs of children
- Written by: Margriet Heijdemann, educator and family counsellor